HCC places interns in highly reputable:
- Hospitals and Health Systems
- Community Health Centers
- Public Health Departments
- Health Plans
- Community-based organizations
- Medical groups/physician practices
- Advocacy organizations
- Companies that provide services or products to healthcare organizations
- Management services organizations
- Health care industry associations
- Consulting Firms
- Foundations that support health improvement
Many of the top healthcare organizations in the country host HCC interns, including Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Shield of California, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Bellevue Hospital, UCSF Medical Center, Montefiore Hospital, Health Net and Boston Public Health Commission.
One of HCC’s primary goals is having interns work on projects or in organizations that provide services to under-served and ethnically diverse populations. Examples of these organizations include Venice Family Clinic, Glide Health Clinic, Operation Access, Alta Medical Healthcare Services, Asian Health Services, Northeast Valley Clinics, The Insured the Uninsured Project, Community Outreach for Prevention and Education, Ethnic Health Institute, La Maestra Clinics and African Community Health Initiative.