New York & New Jersey
HCC launched it New York and New Jersey Region in 2004. We are excited about the growth in this important, dynamic and diverse health region. One of our primary goals is providing paid internships in organizations that provide service to underserved and ethnically diverse populations. This is in line with our commitment to diversity in healthcare professions. Many of our host organizations provide practical experience opportunities for our interns in these settings in New York and New Jersey.
HCC partners with the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University to provide workshops and support for our interns. In 2015 HCC’s New York and New Jersey region partnered with the Einstein College of Medicine’s Bronx Health Opportunities Program at Einstein (Bronx HOPE). Bronx HOPE is a regionally articulated educational and health career pipeline program, funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) Health Career Opportunities Program (HCOP).
HCC also has longstanding partnerships with Montefiore Health System, Bellevue Hospital, and NYC Health + Hospitals Corporation, the largest metropolitan hospital system in the country, to host interns and support HCC. HCC also has a strong partnership with Mentoring in Medicine, a dynamic organization dedicated to increasing opportunities for students to pursue health careers.
Examples of HCC organizations and their locations include:
- Acacia Network
- Bellevue Hospital – Manhattan
- Gouverneur Healthcare Services – New York
- East Harlem Department of Public Health – Harlem
- Kings County Hospital Center- Brooklyn
- Mentoring in Medicine – Bronx
- Montefiore Medical Center – Bronx
- Montefiore Care Management Company – Yonkers
- Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center – New York
- NYC Health + Hospitals Corporation – New York
- New York Breast Cancer Screening Partnership – New York
- New York State Health Foundation – New York
- Public Health Institute – Bronx
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation – Princeton, New Jersey
- Saint Barnabas Hospital – Livingston, New Jersey