HCC’s New England regional program was launched in 2000 and quickly became a mainstay with healthcare and public health organizations in the region. New England is one of the most dynamic and important healthcare regions in the country. HCC interns have been able to work in some the leading health and educational institutions in the world. Most HCC internships are located in and near Boston. We also had New England region internships sites in Connecticut and Rhode Island.
HCC recruits from all universities in the region, including Harvard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston University, Tufts, Boston College, The University of Massachusetts’ Boston, Lowell, Worcester and Amherst campuses, Wellesley, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, Providence College, Stonehill College, Fitchberg State and numerous others. As is the case throughout our program, many students with homes in New England that attend universities in other parts of the country and return home for the summer. We strive to attract local area natives with knowledge of and interest in serving their communities.
HCC partners with the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to host workshops and provide support to interns. HCC has also partnered closely with Partners Healthcare System to support HCC and host multiple interns.
Examples of HCC host organizations and their locations include:
- African Community Health Initiative – Boston
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts – Quincy and Boston
- Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan – Boston
- Boston Public Health Commission – Boston
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital – Boston
- Brookside Community Health Center – Jamaica Plain
- Center for Health Information & Analysis (CHIA) – Boston
- Connecticut Health Foundation – New Britain, CT
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute – Boston
- Faulkner Hospital – Jamaica Plain
- Fenway Community Health Center – Boston
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health – Boston
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates – Quincy and Boston
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement – Cambridge
- Jamaica Plain Community Health Center- Jamaica Plain
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Office of State Representative Jeffrey Sánchez