Health Career Connection launched the newest region in our nation’s capital, Washington DC in June 2014 with the support of The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), Diversity and Inclusion Division. Twelve undergraduates were placed at host organizations working on evaluation, advocacy, healthcare administration, social media and health information technology projects for the summer.
Workshops and networking opportunities were hosted by AAMC and the Forum for Collaborative HIV Research. Interns also participated in a tour of the US Capitol, sponsored by HCC Advisory Board Member- Congressman Raul Ruiz, M.D. who serves California’s 36th District. We are grateful to our partners for making our first summer in Washington DC a huge success.
Example of Host Organizations in Washington, D.C.:
- Association for American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Forum for Collaborative HIV Research
- Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic Group
- Library of Congress – Office of Health Services
- The Office of Congressman Raul Ruiz
- National Network of Public Health Institutes
- Public Health Institute – Global Health Fellows Program
- The Praxis Project