Long Beach & Orange County
We launched our Long Beach/Orange County regional program in 2015 with the support and funding of the James Irvine Foundation. To further expand the region HCC received support and funding from The California Endowment.
This region is operated alongside our greater Southern California region, which includes the Greater Los Angeles area, Inland Empire, San Fernando Valley, and San Diego, giving interns the opportunity to network across the entire region. Long Beach and Orange County have launched innovative and powerful ninitiatives to build the local health workforce and improve community health. Our new Long Beach and Orange County dedicated region supports these local initiatives, organizations, and agencies.
In this region interns work with a wide range of health organizations, many of which members of The California Endowment’s Building Healthy Communities (BHC) Initiative. In addition to their internship project, interns participate in local events and workshops facilitated by our foundation partners, as well as a unifying project on an issue or priority in the Long Beach or Orange County community.
Examples of Host Orgainzations include:
- Bike Uptown (formerly Empact Communities) – Long Beach
- City of Long Beach Health & Human Services – -Long Beach
- CSU Long Beach Center for Latino Community Health – Long Beach
- Downtown Associated Youth Services – Long Beach
- Helpline Youth Counseling Center – Long Beach
- Kaiser Permanente – Cerritos
- KidWorks Community Development Corporation – Santa Ana
- Latino Health Access – Santa Ana
- Long Beach Building Healthy Communities – Long Beach
- Long Beach Unified School District – Long Beach
- Orange County Asian and Pacific Islander Community Alliance (OCAPICA) – Garden Grove
- Santa Ana Building Healthy Communities – Santa Ana
- Social Justice Learning Institute – Long Beach
- Vietnamese Community of Orange County, Inc. – Santa Ana
- VoiceWaves – Long Beach